2021 Valentine's Day Weekend Specials
By Pauline Riman
It’s that time of the year again when the heart grows fonder and travel is more wonderful when you have that special someone to share the journey with you.
Fall in love again this Valentine’s Day in Papua New Guinea with a romantic itinerary spanning a weekend, or even a few hours.
Papua New Guinea is a destination that has it all for those timeless romantic elements – long walks on the beach, romantic candle-lit dinners, watching sunsets, secluded beach picnics, canoe rides across calm waters and more. This is a land offering a million different opportunities to let love rule this February and beyond in 2021.
Here are some travel inspiration ideas to help plan your romantic journey in Papua New Guinea:
ISLAND COASTAL GETAWAYS:
Papua New Guinea is located on the second largest island in the world and surrounded by hundreds of off-shore islands. This feature offers a variety of island stay options each with their own unique experiences. Visitors can choose from island resorts, guest houses, homestays to camping under the stars. Here are three places we recommend you visit with your loved one:
- Loloata Island Resort - Experience luxury in an island setting, complete with the finest of resort facilities one can expect. Loloata Island Resort in the Central Province offers over-water air-conditioned bungalows, comfortable suites to spacious villas. Air Niugini Destination card holders can get great room discounts with the Valentine's Day special promotion in February 2021. See promotion flyer.
- Uruna Bay Retreat, Pokpok Island - Uruna Bay Retreat in the Autonomous Region of Bougainville is a hidden gem. Just a 10-minute boat ride from Kieta, this densely canopied forest island provides visitors the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. You and your partner can spend your days exploring the surrounding bay area on kayak, SUP or waterski. Then relax comfortably in a bungalow overlooking the Solomon Sea. Book now.
- Tsoilik Lagoon Guesthouse - For an off-grid, island life experience, Tsoilik in New Ireland Province is a must visit. This affordable stay has simple lodgings and amenities that are ideal for couples who are conscious of their carbon footprint. Take long romantic walks beside the picturesque lagoon, paddle a traditional outrigger canoe to a nearby island, savor the fresh local seafood, and enjoy the friendly banter of Tsoilik islanders. Book now.
BACK TO NATURE:
The natural beauty of Papua New Guinea has captured many travelers - some have even compared Papua New Guinea to the Garden of Eden. Here are some places we recommend you take your ‘Adam’ or ‘Eve’:
- Port Moresby Nature Park: This is the perfect place to sample the best of our Papua New Guinea flora and fauna. Take a guided tour or stroll the Park grounds at your own pace and let the information signs guide you. Enjoy a bite to eat at the Nature Café or perhaps treat your partner with a special gift from the souvenir shop to remember your visit. Find out more.
- The National Orchid Garden: Less than half-an-hour’s drive from the Port Moresby CBD, these manicured gardens showcase some of the most renown Papua New Guinea orchids. Take selfies in the floral gardens, visit the Bird of Paradise aviary or take a comfortable seat at the pavilion by the pond. Find out more.
- Lissenung Island Resort: Visitors to Lissenung Island Resort will find a haven for some curious creatures ranging from cuscus, birds to turtles. Turtle conservation is a passionate endeavor for owners Dietmar and Angelique Amon. Their turtle conservation program has saved the lives of thousands of turtle hatchlings. Your stay at Lissenung supports the turtle conservation effort and gives insight into the other natural wonders of New Ireland Province. Book now.
- Rondon Ridge: Overlooking Mt. Hagen town in the Western Highlands Province, Rondon Ridge’s sophisticated accommodation is surrounded by the lush greenery of a cool rainforest. A must on the Rondon Ridge activity list is bird watching at dawn. Hike the nearby forest trail to see birds of paradise in the wild, as well as catch a glimpse of a spectacular Highlands sunrise. Book now.
- Tufi Resort: Tufi Resort in the Oro (Northern) Province are offering a ‘Fun in February’ special, February 12th to 15th. Enjoy the natural and scenic spots that Tufi has to offer - from 10% discount on diving and snorkel trips, half-price on waterfall tours and free transfers to the beach barbecue. See promotion flyer.
PAMPER, WINE AND DINE:
You both deserve a little pampering, wining and dining. Physical care and gastronomy are the perfect combination for rekindling love this Valentine’s month. Consider these options when you are looking for a place to spend some quality time with the one you love:
- Hilton Port Moresby: Experience a little indulgence with the ‘Valentines Getaway’ special. Book a room for just K529 (plus GST), this includes breakfast for two, discount on meals and free Wi-Fi. If a romantic dinner is all you’re looking for, you can share the love and indulge in a three-course meal at the Feast Restaurant this Valentine’s Day for K160 per person. Or perhaps celebrate Valentine’s Day early on February 13th with a 5-shared-plate menu at the Mumu Restaurant. Book now.
- Jackson’s Restaurant & Bar: Located near the Coral Sea Gateway Hotel & Apartments in Port Moresby, the Jackson’s Restaurant & Bar are offering a ‘Romantic Affair’ Valentine’s Day Dinner special. For just K249, couples can enjoy a seven-course meal, and a sparkling glass of wine on arrival, plus an acoustic band to set the mood. Book now.
- Lae International Hotel: For only K149 per person, treat your loved one in Lae, Morobe Province, to a romantic three-course Valentine's Day Dinner at the Vanda Restaurant. Enjoy live entertainment and a complimentary bottle of wine on arrival. Book now.
- Madang Resort: During the month of February for two-nights only, Madang Resort are offering 30% off their superior deluxe and waterfront rooms. Spend your Valentine’s Day residing in comfort while you explore the beautiful seaside town of Madang. See promo flyer.