We envision a country that draws tourists to amazing experiences, captivates investors and empowers the local populace.
The ultimate tourist destination!
We see the Tourism Promotion Authority as a gatekeeper that solicits the entry of thousands of tourists into a country that has vibrant, reputable tourism experiences and adventures that are waiting to be had.
By 2020, we envision the international tourist market will surge by up to 50 per cent with subsequent increases in foreign exchange contributions of more than K2 billion annually.
Expansion and Growth!
In a nutshell, we aim to increase tourist numbers, their lengths of stay and the amounts they spend through the improvement and expansion of local tourism products and infrastructure.
All this done, while preserving and promoting the hundreds of unique and rich cultures and traditions that Papua New Guinea is renowned for.
Personal, national and international growth!
Like any other organisation, we exist on a value system that although simple, has kept the Authority chugging along for the past 23 years.
- Cooperation with stakeholders, industry members and the government is vital.
- Learning new knowledge at every opportunity helps us to grow
- Being proactive by seeing a need and working to address it has always been a core value.
- Effectiveness and efficiency in implementation
- Transparency in all we do
- Respect for oneself and others
- Gender Equity is of the utmost importance
- Staff development and empowerment