Assignment Title: Tourism Sector Development Project Communications Officer
The Tourism Sector Development Project (TSDP) is planned to facilitate the development of tourism hubs and spokes in East New Britain and Milne Bay provinces. Firstly, the project will strengthen the institutions that are the backbone of the sector at the national and provincial level. Secondly, the project will improve the attractiveness of Alotau, Kokopo, and Rabaul as tourism hubs, together with the creation and improvement of spoke destinations run by local communities. In doing so, tourism enterprises will be better able to provide employment for the bottom forty percent, in addition to establishing longer term employment and business generation paths. Furthermore, income raised from cultural and natural assets (e.g. taxes, admission fees, etc.) will mobilize resources for further development of local communities and preservation of culture.
SCOPE OF DUTIES:
The main scope of duties is to implement and monitor the TSDP Stakeholder and Engagement Framework with additional duties:
• Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on target audiences.
• Write, edit and distribute content for all media outlets including; print, audio, visual, digital and other multimedia platforms,
• Create content for news reporting or articles for public consumption,
• Write-up press releases
• Maintain a library of media coverage, clippings etc...
• Maintain TSDP website page and social media sites
• Assist in organising and generating public support for special TSDP events and campaigns, support organisation of workshops, seminars and project reviews meetings including agendas and meeting minutes
• Media relations to develop and maintain contact information, materials and relationships with journalists and media outlets (print, TV, radio, web etc)
• Manage the Grievance Redress Mechanism process
• Monitor and evaluate impact and effectiveness of communication materials and advocacy events/campaigns to target audiences
• Work closely with Provincial Tourism Officers and ENB Tourism Authority/Milne Bay Tourism Bureau,
• Should be willing to travel to Milne Bay and East New Britain islands, districts and where TSDP sub-projects are implemented,
• Report to Project Manager at TPA head office
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate would be expected to have the following qualifications and experience:
✓ Minimum bachelor degree in communication, journalism or public relations from a reputable university,
✓ Minimum of three to five years’ experiences in communication, public relations or journalism,
✓ Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
✓ Excellent oral English communications skills and proficiency in Tok Pisin are required with knowledge of a Milne Bay or East New Britain dialect an added advantage,
✓ Experience working in a small team and be a team worker,
✓ Good time management and organizational skills.
✓ Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
✓ Demonstrated and extensive social media experience is an added advantage
✓ Proficiency in design and desktop publishing software for instance in using Adobe Photoshop and Page Maker are an advantage
Expressions of interest must be delivered via e-mail by 12th April 2019, at 16:00hr (local time). Send to:
Senior Officer Provincial Coordination & Product Development
Tourism Sector Development Project
PNG Tourism Promotion Authority (TPA)
Address: Champion Parade, Pacific MMI Bld, Level 5
Fax: +675 320-0223
E-mail: [email protected]
Authorized by: Chief Executive Officer
PNG Tourism Promotion Authority